Mondays 6:15 – 8:15 PMJanuary 8 – February 26 2024
High level classes are enrolled by invitation or approval only. If you are new to our studio but have prior experience, please reach out for a placement consultation by filling out the form at the bottom of the page before purchasing.
Intermediate and advanced level classes are held at Nefabit’s private home studio. Address is provided upon enrollment.
This two-hour class is designed to take your dancing to the next level. In this class, we cover a wider variety of technique and topics spanning multiple styles such as Classical Egyptian, Turkish Orientale, Tribal Fusion and Folkloric. The goal of this class is to give dancers a well-rounded education and prepare them for performing in a professional environment.
Some examples of what is covered in class
– Complex isolations and torso movements
– Advanced layers and combinations
– Elaborate turns and travelling steps
– Leg extensions
– Back bending and spinal flexibility
– Advanced floor work and level changes
– Stomach isolations such as belly rolls and flutters
– Performance skills
– Musicality and drum rhythms
– Advanced work with props such as zills, veil, and sword
– Strength and flexibility training
– Choreographing methods to create your own solos
– Designing full-length sets and for shows
– Dancing with live music
– Floor patterns and skills for working in a troupe
– So much more. The material in the advanced class covers many topics and rotates frequently.