Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 PM
Enrolling now for July 11 – October 2
In-person classes are back! Registration is currently full, please sign up for the wait list. First-come first-serve.
Learn the fundamentals of the ethereal Golden Era style of bellydance. This style is airy and graceful, set to rich orchestral music and bedecked in dazzling costumes. Nefabit’s class is designed to be a fun and informative introduction to this beautiful art. This course covers essential posture, shimmies, arm work, hip and chest isolations, simple turns, basic zill patterns, graceful veil movements, and more! No experience necessary.
Classes are currently live, online via Zoom.
Covered in the level one curriculum:
– Essential posture to create a beautiful framework for your technique
-Chest, hip and torso isolations like the chest slide, hip circle, undulation and more
– Basic shimmies, such as the vertical and horizontal hip shimmy, chest shimmy and vibration shimmy
– Beautiful arm work and basic positions to highlight your movements
– Footwork to get you moving, from the grapevine to the box step
– Simple turns, such as the crossover, hook turn and chainne
– Basic zill patterns
– Graceful veil movements
– And lots more!
Classes are currently held online via Zoom. We are planning to open to physical classes later this year, at Nefabit’s personal home studio.