Thursdays 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
March 4 – April 22
Learn this edgy blend of traditional bellydance movement vocabulary and modern influences. With an east-meets-west and post-modern aesthetic, tribal fusion opens the door to a portrayal of darker moods and avant-garde expression. Fusion style is defined by both slinky, sinewy movements and sharp staccato locks, fusing traditional bellydance with inspiration from hip hop and other dances.
Covered in the level one curriculum:
– Essential posture to create a beautiful framework for your technique
-Chest, hip and torso isolations like the chest slide, hip circle, undulation and more
– Basic shimmies, such as the vertical and horizontal hip shimmy, chest shimmy and vibration shimmy
– Beautiful arm work and basic positions to highlight your movements
– Footwork to get you moving, from the grapevine to the box step
– Simple turns, such as the crossover, hook turn and chainne
– Discussion of responsible fusion and understanding appropriation versus appreciation.
– And lots more!
Classes are currently held online via Zoom. We are planning to open to physical classes later this year, at Nefabit’s personal home studio.