Thursdays 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Pacific time
Split session – May5, 12, 19, 26 and July 7, 14, 21, 28 (no class in June)
Fill out the form below, click submit, then click “add to cart” above to pay. Payment is required in advance to complete registration.
Learn this edgy blend of traditional bellydance movement vocabulary and modern
influences. With an east-meets-west and post-modern aesthetic, tribal fusion opens the door to a portrayal of darker moods and avant-garde expression. Fusion style is defined by both slinky, sinewy movements and sharp staccato locks, fusing traditional bellydance with inspiration from hip hop and other dances.
Covered in the level two curriculum:
– More advanced and complicated isolations
– Combinations and choreography
– Layering multiple movements together
– More advanced traveling steps
– Turns and turn sequences
– Introduction to differences in styles such as Classical Egyptian, Turkish Orientale and Tribal Fusion
– Dancing with props such as veils, zills and sword
– Introduction to floorwork
– And lots more
Classes are held at Nefabit’s personal home studio