Due to COVID-19, we are offering all classes online. Please register for class as usual and you will receive a link to join our virtual Zoom classes! Or, select “wait list” to be notified when usual classes resume at the studio. Thank you!
Add excitement and dynamics to your performances! This class is designed to get both novice and experienced zill players playing correctly, diversely, and while dancing!
Join us at Nefabit’s personal home studio for personalized results and small class sizes!
Ask many people to imagine a bellydancer, and chances are, they will picture a dancer with sparkling skirts and beautiful bells on her fingers. Zills, or sagat, are small cymbals played on the thumb and middle finger. They can be played by a musician in the band, but more frequently are played by the dancer, especially in Turkish and American Cabaret styles.
In this class, students will learn
-Proper preparation and care for zills, including fitting elastics and tuning damaged zills
– Three different sounds created with the zills
– Patterns that can be played with diverse rhythms
– Correct counting methods to accommodate playing and dancing
– Movements and combinations that pair with zill patterns, that get progressively harder!
– Learn open-handed, as well as left and right dominant playing methods.
– Playing zills while holding a veil, and other helpful techniques
– History and cultural information on playing zills in bellydance
– and lots more!
Classes are held at Nefabit’s personal home studio. Join us in a professional, personalized environment!
Register by filling out the form below and continuing to the payment buttons.
This will reserve your spot in class.
Register Step One – Registration and payment are required in advance
Having trouble? Call (509) 481-1533
Click the submit button on registration form before continuing to payment
Register Step Two OR call (509) 481-1533 to pay via phone
Helpful information for new students