Register by filling out the form below or call (509) 481-1533
Add excitement and dynamics to your performances! This class is designed to get both novice and experienced zill players playing correctly, diversely, and while dancing!
Join us at Nefabit’s personal home studio for personalized results and small class sizes!
Ask many people to imagine a bellydancer, and chances are, they will picture a dancer with sparkling skirts and beautiful bells on her fingers. Zills, or sagat, are small cymbals played on the thumb and middle finger. They can be played by a musician in the band, but more frequently are played by the dancer, especially in Turkish and American Cabaret styles.
In this class, students will learn
-Proper preparation and care for zills, including fitting elastics and tuning damaged zills
– Three different sounds created with the zills
– Patterns that can be played with diverse rhythms
– Correct counting methods to accommodate playing and dancing
– Movements and combinations that pair with zill patterns, that get progressively harder!
– Learn open-handed, as well as left and right dominant playing methods.
– Playing zills while holding a veil, and other helpful techniques
– History and cultural information on playing zills in bellydance
– and lots more!
Nefabit’s home studio space
Classes are held at Nefabit’s personal home studio. Join us in a professional, personalized environment!
Register by filling out the form below.
This will reserve your spot in class. You can call and pay via credit card or bring cash, check or card to your first class.
Register Step One
Register Step Two
Drop in to any class. Please specify date
Helpful information for new students
Policies and FAQ